Martial Arts Attributes
We offer a great program for our youngsters. You will see your children becoming stronger, more coordinated, increasing in balance, and body control. These are vital attributes to develop, because they will increase the ability to become a more confident and talented athlete. Other attributes that we work on are: focus, discipline, learning to control emotions, and sharpening minds through memorization of specific, and random martial arts techniques.
Martial Arts Skills
We have four main skills that our students of the martial arts will continuously try to improve and master. These four skills are: Footwork, Punching, Kicking, and Blocking. These fundamentals are the primary focus you must learn in order to defend yourself. We teach our kids a variety of different footwork drills, punches, kicks, and ways to protect themselves. You will truly enjoy watching this age group training in the studio with their warrior faces, and cool martial arts uniforms!
Situations Kids Might Encounter
How do we teach our kids to deal with bullying?
Pure Self Defense Academy has that answer! We teach our kids to use their skills at the apporpritate time. Reassuring that our children are confident and assertive when they need to be. I would never want to see a child feeling left out, or not accepted by others. Pure Self Defense Academy teaches our children to be respectful to others, understanding when it is a good time to share, and increasing their courage to make lots of friends!
At Pure Self Defense Academy we do our best to teach children the difference between right and wrong. Do we keep secrets for Mom and Dad? If you can’t see where your parents are, you went too far. Are you looking for cars, and do we cross the street by ourselves? How do you know a stranger is good or bad? When should you help a stranger and/or get in a car with a stranger?
These are questions to get our kids thinking and increase their knowledge about safety and awareness. We also need to be realistic, a 5 year old is not capable of physically protecting themselves from an adult. If we can teach them to be wise and aware then we taught them 90% of what self defense truly is.
Ages: 3&4 and 5&6
We have programs that reach all ages!
Warriors 3 & 4 year olds
This class is designed to focus on the following:
– Physically: Develop gross and fine motor skills through using martial arts drills and skills
– Socially: Spatial Awareness, sharing, taking turns, and kindness toward others.
– Emotionally: Learning to understand feelings of happiness, frustration, and fear. Teaching our little-warriors to become confident and courageous.
– Intellectual: Focusing and following specific directions
– Character: Helping our little-warriors with proper manners and respecting others.
– Studio Environment: Structured, encouraging, understanding that this is a 3 to 4 year old program and making sure our expectations are not too high but still challenging, and fun for the kids.
– Self-Defense: At this age kids need to identify what a stranger is, and become assertive if another child tries to hurt them physically or verbally.
Spartans 5 & 6 year olds
This class is designed to focus on the following:
– Physically: Develop gross motor skills, balance, body control, and core strength through using martial arts drills and skills
– Socially: Sportsmanship, leadership, and awareness of others.
– Emotionally: Learning to understand feelings of happiness, frustration, and fear. Teaching our mighty spartans to become confident and courageous.
– Intellectual: Focusing, directional movement, memory and following directions up to 3 commands at a time.
– Character: Helping our mighty spartans with proper manners, honestly, self-control and respecting others.
– Studio Environment: Structured, encouraging, understanding that this is a 5 to 6 year old program but we require focus and listening skills. Kids love competition at this age and structure. This program is meant to be challenging, safe, and a blast!
– Self-Defense: At this age kids need to identify strangers, know their address, and contact information. Teach our kids techniques to help stop bullying and when it is appropriate to use your techniques on someone that is trying to hurt them.
The instructors here are very knowledgeable and are Amazing with kids.
I love that it’s not just Karate, but a combination of arts for self defense and discipline.
My son is 6 and loves it.
He’s been training with Chris for about a year now and it has done wonders for his behavior/discipline at school and at home.
Brandon and his team are truly incredible. Not only are they knowledgeable and kind but also very patient and work well with young kiddos. I was impressed by how clean the studio was too! I have been to other studios in our area and this place takes the cake!!! My son loves his classes and looks forward every week! Thank you!!!!!
Monday- Thursday: 2pm – 9pm
Fridays: By Appointment Only
Saturday: 8am – Noon
Closed on Sundays